Saturday, May 1, 2010

research study relief

I hate doing someone else's dirty work. This research study I am working on is for someone else to publish, and they criticized me saying that the writing was lacking in robust zeal... maybe because I dont want to do this at all. I am happy that it is almost over. So instead of just getting all the edits done this afternoon, I am taking a break to update my blog. There is only one more meeting for this particularly painful project, and the rest is fun art-making. Two nights ago I learned how to do torch enameling and I became immediately obsessed.
And I am about to buy a plane ticket to China for the month of August. I will be exploring the country with one of my new friends, and staying with her various relatives: grandmother, cousins, and friends along the way. I am so excited about that.... however when I buy this ticket to go, my bank account will be 0. ZERO! so my life will be hand to mouth for the next two months, I think it will be totally worth it though.
Here is a picture of me and Mimi, my 'Asia-Sisterhood' traveling-exploring partner!
The name of her home town is Suzhou, known as the Venice of the East because there are many canals and water gardens there. I will take thousands of photographs. I am so excited!
P.S. there are only 91 days until I finish my Masters.
P.S.S this blog will just turn into adventures in the world of an adventurous silly little girl!
(that's me)

No comments: